Title: Dining Services Aide
Company: New Hope Valley
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saginaw, MI
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive
Address: 3785 N. Center Road
Saginaw, MI 48603
Posted Date: February 8, 2016
Company Website: http://newhopevalley.us/
New Hope Valley offers a wholesome living alternative to elders in need of constant assisted care. Our mission is to create a stimulating yet safe and comfortable environment for all in our home. We have set out to develop an eco-system that meets the physical, spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual needs of our residents. Our community has been designed to embrace the social model and we have equipped it with the latest technology to support the right balance for seniors seeking support, security, independence, and choice. We are committed to providing better alternatives for those seeking assisted living options. Drawing upon over 150 cumulative years of direct and indirect patient care experience of our owners, we offer our residents dignified living in a healing home.
Our employees adhere to the highest standards of excellence. Our direct care partners and supporting team members who range from concierge to kitchen aids are the core of our eco-system. So if you have the skills, compassion, empathy and desire to help seniors, then we encourage you to continue with our online job application.
New Hope Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
• Serving meals to residents, family, and visitors and assisting in daily and/or scheduled cleaning duties.
• Taking orders, and serving meals in a professional and organizer manner.
• Set up and bus dining rooms, meal trays, etc.
• Assist in prepping meals, distributing menus, preparing and delivering snacks as assigned.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• An up-beat and engaging personality
• Genuine desire to work with the elderly and/or disabled
• High school diploma/GED at a minimum
• Experience working in a restaurant setting and/or healthcare setting preferred
• Ability to serve food in a restaurant setting
• Working knowledge of sanitary practices related to food handling
• Able to follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to operate kitchen equipment as instructed
• Be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Be able to work pro-actively with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public
• Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances
• Participate in staff meetings and education programs designated for attendance
• All other duties as assigned
• Generally work within a temperature controlled building and/or in a kitchen atmosphere
• Is subject to frequent interruptions
• Push, pull, lift cleaning utensils, bulk food, etc.